Friday 15 April 2016

Get To Know Me: The Beauty Tag



One of the many reasons why I enjoy blogging is because you get to do fun things like this. I first saw this tag from a girl called Chloe over on Fresh Out The Runway I really enjoyed reading some of the questions. I thought this would be a fun way to help you get to know me a little bit more. 

What is your biggest beauty product addiction?
This has become a slight obsession of mine recently but lipsticks. I've never really been a lipstick kind of girl, I would have rather opted out for the Plain Jane bare lip look because it just didn't feel like me. But now I can't get enough of different shades of lipsticks, my list just keeps on growing.

How many products from your addiction do you have?
So far I have up to 8 lipsticks all by different brands ranging from high end and drugstore brands. Probably going to sound like a Kylie Jenner wannabe of some sort right now but my favourite of them all is obviously Mac's velvet teddy considering it's a gorgeous neutral everyday wearable shade. It's my baby. 

What is the beauty product you hate?
As you may be able to tell in future posts I don't really tend to do my eye shadow, I'll tell you why now. I really cannot do my eye shadow to save my life, the whole blending thing? I can't tell the difference between blending and not blending, there's a little confession for you. I also really struggle on colour co-ordination so I have no clue which colours would go together, knowing me I'd end up putting yellows and greens together, awkward. Here's a question for you though can any one tell me what the heck does transition colour mean? So I guess that sums up the question for you, I hate eye shadow.

What has been your biggest challenge in beauty?
Learning how to get the perfect winged eyeliner look, even though sometimes it still goes horribly wrong. Over the years I have definitely gotten better at doing my eyeliner, it really does just take practice and a steady hand. Doing your eyeliner is a real love/hate relationship sometimes I really love doing it but then other times it can be a real pain in the arse bum.

What is one beauty comfort zone you don't ever think you'll leave?
Mascara without a doubt. For me If I'm feeling like a no makeup kind of day or if I really cannot be bothered but I'm stepping outside the house, I will always put on some mascara to help me look a little bit more awake and put together, even though I'm not put together if that makes any sense. Otherwise I just look like I'm ill or like I've had no sleep the previous night.

What is one beauty thing you suck at?
The only thing I can honestly say I'm not satisfied with is my eye shadow, it's taken me years of practice to get every other makeup look to a level where I'm happy with, so I guess if I keep trying I'll get there and eventually get the hand of it. But for now eye shadow will remain my enemy.  

What is one trend in beauty you don't understand?
For me it's the whole contouring trend. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of facial contouring but that's because I have a chubby round face and it just needs to be done. However over the past year or so I've been seeing videos of girls doing contour on other places of their body such as boob contouring, contouring their abs to make the illusion that they have a six pack and just the other day I saw a video of a girl contouring her legs to make her legs look skinnier. As a result of how far the contouring trend has become I think it's becoming a little bit silly, it's not something that's necessary. 

I really enjoyed answering some of these questions and I hoped you didn't fall asleep whilst reading this due to boredom liked reading them just as much. 


Don't forget you can find me in all these places too!





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My Little Memoir | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig