Wednesday 25 May 2016

Percy and Reed Hair: Wonder Overnight Recovery Review


Recently I've started buying fashion and beauty magazines again so I can have a browse at the latest trends and seeing which products are the next big hit. I picked up the Elle magazine as I noticed they had a freebie inside which caught my eye. It was this Percy and Reed Hair Wonder Overnight Recovery. Three reasons why this product caught my eye:

  1.  For a sample the tube looks rather big and I thought I could get a few uses out of this
  2. I've never heard of their products before so I thought i'd give it a whirl 
  3. The packaging looks super cute 
Once I'd bought my multiple magazines I went onto their website to read up on this product and discovered it's not actually out yet so I guess this sample was for the promotion of their new launch. I have no idea how much it will be retailing at but judging by their other products it'll be something between £10 - £20 which is quiet expensive. I believe their Wonder Overnight Recovery will be available from the 1st of June online and in stores. 


The Blurb on the back says "Instantly absorbed into dry hair Wonder Overnight Recovery helps to nourish and re-hydrate every strand. Natural Protein boosts the hair's ability to retain moisture, which potent conditioning agents resist humidity,fight frizz and boost shine. The leave in treatment promotes your hairs strength and flexibility, combating brittleness, breakage and the signs of daily damage".

So I applied the product and massaged into my roots and applied some to the ends of my hair before bed as recommended and slept with it in, it's basically an overnight hair mask. The product was almost like a lotion which was quiet light it didn't appear to be thick and heavy. For me the scent wasn't very overpowering either, i'd say it smelt like that Salon type of smell or conditioner something like that. Either way I liked it. The morning after I washed it out with shampoo like it recommends. It tells you that no conditioner is needed but I still conditioned my hair anyway because I do it religiously. I then went onto drying and styling as normal which for me I straighten my hair every time I wash it, I don't usually need to do it the day after, my hair stays straight. 

It didn't 'fix' my split ends as such or even make a difference too my split ends but what I did notice was it left my hair feeling very soft, sleek and shiny after heat had been applied and that did impress me because I feel my hair looks rather dull and dry. I've recently had some blonde put into the ends of my hair and I THINK it brightened the blonde a little bit too. I'm a bit unsure as to whether i'd repurchase this product again due to the price range being so steep but i'd definitely recommend purchasing the ELLE Magazine and trying out the sample inside to see what you think first before buying the full sized product. Apart from the price range I think this a really good product that lives up to what it claims to do for you.  

Have you tried this product or any others from Percy and Reeds Hair range?


Don't forget you can find me in all these places too!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My Little Memoir | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig