Wednesday 20 July 2016

Bloggers Photography Club

Photo Taken by Myself

So almost 3 months a go I had the opportunity to join The Bloggers Photography Club which is a project Caitlin over on Through The Mirror created for anyone who wanted to join. The purpose of this group is to give other bloggers even non bloggers (anyone is welcome) the chance to get to know their camera, improve their photography skills and editing skills. However you don't have to have a fancy camera you can use your iphone or Samsung phone etc whatever you'd like to use you don't need all the fancy expensive equipment to join. Every 2 weeks there is a topic we have to base our pictures around which are usually, put into a poll on twitter and the topic with the most votes wins. The topics we've had so far are Water, Eyes, Black and White, Flatlay (blog photo), A Photo You're proud of or A photo that tells a story, Nature and now we're currently onto Self Portrait which I'm absolutely dreading because I'm no good in front of a camera, but the whole point of it is to improve and hopefully I'll become more confident. There is a group of now 30+ people taking part and it's always open for more people to join if this is something you're interested in! If you are you can read the blog post here when Caitlin first created the group and sign up to join. 

I'll show you some photos from each topic we've had so far so you can get a taster or our work. 

'Water' by Kelly 

'Blog Photo' by Megan

'Black and White' by Kelsey 

'Eye' by Maff

'A Photo I'm Proud Of ' by Caitlin

I'm so proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone to be apart of something I enjoy doing with others who share the same interest, all thanks to Caitlin. I'm also proud of all of us for improving in so little time, we've all improved a massive amount already and we're always sharing ways to improve our photography as well as sharing our top blogging resources. I think it's a really great way to get your creativity flowing and we're all a lovely bunch of people and we welcome you with open arms

We hope to see you all there!


Don't forget you can find me in all these places too!



Share:

14 comments

  1. All these photos are stunning, definitely going to check this project out xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Laura! You definitely should :) xx

      Delete
  2. I loved this post, Claire! The pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I'm definitely going to look into this project as well. It sounds really interesting. Looking forward to your next post!

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much Guilianna, hope to see you there! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I love the pictures that are featured here :3 might get involved in the future myself !xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is such an amazing idea!! Photography is something I want to improve on massively

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy Caitlin thought of this idea, I've had some amazing tips :)

      Delete
  6. Loved this post! The photos are AMAZING and what an amazing idea!

    Jessica & James
    www.foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the read, and thankyou!

      Delete
  7. this is such a super cool idea, and i cant believe i havent heard of this group. i love photography, did it for a levels, and since college is over i havent been taking much photographs other then blog related. im definitely going to have to check it out, and im so glad you are happy with your progress, it's those baby steps!

    Rabiah
    amourvitaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to do a level photography because I saw an amazing course but I didn't end up taking it because I didn't want to travel that far. So I guess I'm having to learn on my own, but I'm happy with how far I've come :) x

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing this, this is new to me! I'm currently using a crappy iPhone as I stupidly sold my DSLR (because I couldn't figure out how to use it) and now this pops up! I am hoping to get a new camera soon, so hopefully if I try to get involved in the club someone can recommend a good one!

    The pictures are lovely, and I love the idea, I think a lot of people underestimate how much work is required to take good photos!

    Em x
    www.ohfab.co.uk • lifestyle & design blog • www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ohfab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome Em :) oh no! I'm the same I'm still learning and getting to know my camera you're not alone, I hope you join someone will definitely help you out! xx

      Delete

© My Little Memoir | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig