Friday, 12 August 2016

5 Tips For Happy Hair


I love my hair and I suspect a lot of people out there love theirs as well. I feel like my hair is my ultimate accessory because I can do what ever I want with it. To me, your hair can make or break an outfit at times, I just love that it's so versatile, there are so many styles out there in the world, everyone is unique! One thing I think a lot of people have in common though is that they like their hair to be in the best condition it can be! I know I do. When I was younger and didn't know much about hair, I really didn't understand all the different types products there was in the big wide world or what they can do for your hair. By no means am I an expert in this field, but I like to think that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to hair care as I have made it my mission to study it as much as possible. Why? Because my hair was ruined, in a brittle, straw like state. I neglected my hair, I didn't treat it right at all and it took me a long time to get my hair healthy and happy again.

Now that I have happy hair, I wanted to share some tips with others on how to help your hair look and feel it's best, so here are some tips to help your hair stay healthy.

Make your own hair mask

The thing I love about making my own hair mask is that I get to choose what goes into it. My favourite oils to use in my DIY hair mask are; 
Argan oil - It is amazing for your hair!! It's acts as a natural heat protector and has very nutritional qualities for intensive repair.
Jojoba Oil - This oil is so close to the natural sebum that your scalp will produce so it is amazing in what it can do to your hair!
Coconut Oil - This stuff is amazing for balancing out your hair helping it regain its happy, health state. It is also said that it's great for hair growth!

Don't use a lot of heat

I feel like this one goes without saying if I'm honest. Using heat on your hair is so damaging! I have not cut it back to only blow drying my hair after washing it IF I'm going out anywhere and I will hardly use straighteners now. At first my hair was a wild mess because I wasn't straightening it as much but it soon calmed down and I hardly ever need to use them. It's not so much that using heat on your hair is a no no, it's more of a, "You should only do it if you really need to" kind of thing.

Wash your hair less

So this sounds a little gross huh? but let me just explain, Washing your hair every day or even every second day can mean that you are washing away well needed sebum to help your scalp stay healthy and if you wash it to frequently your glands will try to counteract this by over producing which can clog them and it will become an overload. I personally wash my hair twice a week which might sound a bit too extreme to some but believe me, my hair has never looked better and it's grown at such a speedy pace!

Get it cut regularly

Getting your hair trimmed or full on cut regularly really helps it to grow healthier because it eliminates the dead/split ends. When you leave split ends for too long it starts to make it's way up your hair shaft making it look like your isn't growing and it starts to look worse, so even just a trim will really help your hair!

Try the "No poo" method

Have you heard of the "No Poo" method before? well it's basically when you don't use the typical shampoo but instead use an alternative like baking soda or even just plain water. A lot of people have been making the change to the no poo method and been having amazing results. This isn't something I have stuck to for a long period of time but I did try it and noticed my hair felt fuller which was amazing. I recommend checking out this website: https://www.nopoomethod.com/

There you have it, 5  tips to help you on your way to happy hair!!


Share:

5 comments

  1. Thanks for having me on the blog sweetie.

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I've heard a lot about the noo-poo method but I've been too afraid to try it. You're spot on in saying your hair is your best accessory because honestly you can do just about anything with it. (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying so hard to get my hair stupidly long & the no heat thing makes such a difference. Even a hairdryer is a nono, unless totally necessary. It's made such a huge difference, it's growing so fast. Not to mention all the time you waste stying it! A three strand braid overnight leaves me with the most gorgeous, natural looking curls. It's the best my hair has ever looked! :)

    Katie // wordsbykatie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried a hair mask before but I would really like too, I'd especially love to make my own. Great post! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to try this hair mask - I use oils and leave in conditioner's to keep my hair soft; I let my hair dry naturally most of the way, then blast it with a bit of warm (not hot) air for that sleek finished look and to dry it the final way x

    Frances xx

    www.royallyrouge.com

    PS - Mind checking out my latest post? xx

    ReplyDelete

© My Little Memoir | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig