Wednesday, 17 August 2016

If I Could Only Use 10 Products


Like most girls my makeup collection is a little out of control and I never wait for products to finish before buying new ones. Most days there’s the internal debate over which primer to use, or which eyeliner is right for today. But what if you could only use 10 products and the rest of your collection vanished? Here are the ten I’d pick

Too Faced Hangover Primer- I only discovered this a month or so ago but it’s such a fantastic formula which feels like part moisturiser and part primer. Without a silicone base like most primers this creamy formula helps hydrate my skin before applying my foundation.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation- This is my go to foundation for long days or nights out because it’s staying power is second to none. I don’t find it as heavy a formula as some people say but the coverage is spot on and helps with all my imperfections and the redness I get around my nose.

Urban Decay Naked Concealer- It took a lot to beat the NYX Hd Concealer, and then the Nars creamy concealer but the urban decay naked concealer took the top spot with ease. The colour is spot on for my complexion and it’s light enough to blend over spots and imperfections but heavy enough to conceal my under eye circles.


Morphe 35T Taupe Palette- It’s hard to choose just one palette and this might not be the one I reach for most often but it has the most wearable shades. With so many choices housed in the large black case complete with a mixture of matte and shimmer shades, they’re all pigmented and with loads of taupe’s, browns and neutrals I could last a long time with this palette.

Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper- Eyeliner is probably one of my most used products and having tried so many I always come back to the Kat Von D Tattoo eyeliner. It is the blackest of black, it is a felt tip end which is super easy and precise to draw on, and it’s lasting power is amazing. I’ve been scuba diving and swimming and had it stay intact.


Tarte Tartiest Mascara- This is a very recent addition to my makeup collection and I have to admit I’m a little fickle with my mascara but the tiny wand was what drew me in with the new tarte release. I find a brush like this is so much easier to get into the tiny lashes in the corner and it adds a good volume to my lashes.

Hourglass Mood Exposure Blush- They might be a little pricy for a blusher but my god is it worth it. The colour is beautiful, each swipe with the brush is really pigmented, it doesn’t look cakey or thick when applied and it lasts for hours. There’s no way any blush can come close to this.


Becca Opal Highlighter- Everyone might rave about champagne pop and it is a beautiful colour but the opal version has a slight gold tinge. All of the Becca highlighters have a great shimmer and this one just sparkles enough without making it look like I’ve gone for a swim in a pool of glitter.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Dusty Rose- The Anastasia liquid lipsticks are probably my favourite formula out of all of the ones I’ve tried as they aren’t heavy or drying on the lips and dusty rose is a pinky mauve which is beautiful. It’s a bright enough colour to wear on a night out without being too much to wear during the day.


Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Lolita 2- The Kat Von D liquid lipsticks are a very close second in formula for me (they’re a bit thicker than Anastasia) but the shade Lolita 2 is my go to everyday wear. It’s a dark nude with a browny tone and it is beautiful. Despite being pretty pale it doesn’t wash me out and it’s amazing enough to last a full day at work.


Post written by Rhian from: rhianwestbury 

You can find Rhian in all these places
Please go and give her a follow! 


Share:

3 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try that Urban Decay concealer for the longest time now. It sounds amazing! Loved this. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to try the Doublewear foundation! I do like Kat Von D and Anastasia's liquid lipsticks.

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Too Faced primer and I use it everyday, I love it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete

© My Little Memoir | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig