Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Taking A Break From Blogging?


A couple of months a go I wrote a blog post trying to explain how I was feeling but I ended up deleting it because it was all over the place probably a bit like how this blog post is going to be too, this is me trying a second time, apologies if this makes no sense but you'll soon come to understand why. 

I've always been that girl that's had shit confidence and no self-esteem I'm always like shoved into a corner where people forget about me at least that's how I feel. I've always disliked my self, my weight, looks and sometimes my personality. I've never felt good enough for anyone or anything, I've once been told I deserve everything I get but in a negative way not a complimentary way. Ever since then it's stuck into my head. I've gone through stages were I've self harmed in my teenage years because someone's knocked me down or in past relationships I've been left feeling so worthless and alien like due to all the nasty comments being thrown my way, I guess I kind of felt like well if you don't value me why should I value myself?. But that's not the case this time, yeah sometimes I have that little voice niggling in the back of my head telling me to do it, it'll be a good way to get your anger out. But no. this time I don't want to hurt myself, all I want to do is be happy and that's not going to make me any happier now is it? 

Since well before Christmas (I can't pin point the specific month) but I just became so unhappy in my work place because I'm just constantly surrounded by nasty negative people that have nothing else to do besides make other people unhappy. I'm constantly taken advantage of and spoken too like shit, I have been so strong my entire life but now I just can't take it any more. Why is it people treat me like shit when all I ever am is nice. If I act in a horrible way it's because you've pushed me too far. If you treat me with respect then I'll treat you with respect. I'm not made of glass in fact you could say I am because even glass breaks at some point if it's continuously knocked. I've finally plucked up the courage to go and speak to someone about how I feel, and I'm absolutely dreading it, it's genuinely my worse nightmare, I've been before but I've always be forced a way and they've never taken me seriously so again I'm left feeling like nothings wrong and "I'm over reacting" or whatever, I've just felt unimportant basically. 

It's taken me some time to come to a decision but it's actually been an easy one. I've decided I'm going to take a break from blogging. Yes I know it's such an inconvenient time considering I've not been blogging that long you're probably thinking "already? she can't be feeling the pressure yet" But in fact I am and I don't deal with pressure very well and it's seriously not making me feel any better right now. I just need some time, I don't know how much time, to have a more clear and healthier state of mind and relax. The only problem is, I don't want my blog to go totally quiet because I've put in so much effort already and I'd really like to keep my loyal readers. 

So If you're interested in doing a guest post on my blog please email me: mylittlememoir@gmail.com and we can discuss it and your ideas, you'd be helping me out a massive amount and I'll really appreciate it! 

I hope you all understand, and I'm very sorry if you feel I've let you down x
Share:

23 comments

  1. You are not letting ANYONE down. Taking a step back to work on yourself, and your health and mentality is the best thing you can do. Everything else will fall into place :).
    I hope everything works out so you can can come back to blogging, something you do really well x



    Nikki O.| www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does, i'm so confused right now. Thankyou so much Nikki I really appreciate it xx

      Delete
  2. You are not letting anyone down, everyone gets like this and it is really important to out yourself first xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I said that when I know you're all extremely supportive and understanding, thankyou Laura xx

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel huni. Please don't let it get to you. Easier said than done, I know, but you need to take a step back to relax and look after yourself. Who cares what they think? We know that you are strong inside and you just need to find that little lady fighting to come out. Please stay safe and contact me if you ever need to chat.

    It will be a pleasure to keep your blog running. Anything to make it easier for you my lovely x

    Steph xx

    Steph's World | Lifestyle Blog | www.stephsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Steph don't i'm going to cry you little cutie. Thankyou so so much I will definitely be messaging you for a chat my lovely. You stay safe too! xx

      Delete
  4. you're not letting anyone down in the slightest, it is important to always put yourself first in these situations. I hope you feel better soon my lovely and I am always here if you need a chat.
    Hollie xx
    holliethorpe.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Hollie I'll still be talking in the group chat to you all because you're all lovely and it distracts me xx

      Delete
  5. Don't think like your letting anyone down, your not. You're a gorgeous girl with a beautiful blog. I love it, the design is so simple but beautiful.

    Your health and wellbeing is important. So if you don't feel like blogging don't. Don't put pressure on yourself.

    Put yourself first.

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Dena! Thank you so so much, I love your blog too xx

      Delete
  6. Don't feel like you're letting anyone down! Your blog is stunning as are you. You shouldn't feel pressured to blog as mental health always comes first, sending all my love ❤️
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry darling, but thankyou for your kind words, all these lovely comments are making me feel so overwhelmed. Thankyou for reading xx

      Delete
  7. Sometimes taking a break from blogging and refocusing your attention on really important things like making you happy is necessary. :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be working doing other things I enjoy! x

      Delete
  8. You are not letting anyone down! When I first started I took breaks! I still do now because you come before your blog! Good luck and I hope you start to feel better, screw what people say! You deserve the world, in a good way! <3

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your kind words Stacey I really appreciate it xx

      Delete
  9. Don't apologise, everyone needs time to themselves! At least you are addressing the problem and going to speak to someone, hopefully they can help you in some way. You should never let anyone put you down or make you feel that you aren't good enough, nobody has the right to make anyone feel that way! As for blogging, the internet and your blog is still going to be right here when you want to come back to it, and I'm sure the blogging community will be happy to help you with guest posts in the meantime.

    Try to stay positive and hope to see you blogging again soon! :) Xx

    Em x
    www.ohfab.co.uk • lifestyle & design blog • for fab custom logo & blog header designs visit: www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ohfab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it all works out and I feel content in the end. Easier said that done when it comes not letting people bother me, that's something I've always struggled on. I can happily put up a front and show them I'm not bothered but deep down I am. I will try, thankyou Em xx

      Delete
  10. You're definitely not letting a single person down at all! I only started blogging in January and went back to university in Feb and it was too much for me so I took a four month break until I finished uni and had the time back again. the thing is is that you NEED to take a break because the alternative is getting overworked, feeling drained and just feeling constantly low. As for other people making you feel crap: negative people are honestly bad for your immune system, the best thing to do is keep them farrr away or if you can't like they work with you, then distance yourself from them (work with them, but don't talk to them outside of work or on breaks). Honestly, you're an AMAZING person that deserves to be valued, if certain people don't value you then that's their loss.
    It's so brave of you to open up about how you feel instead of just brushing it under the rug and not admitting it - try your best not to let them get to you, sit down, write down what the problem is and what you can do to overcome that. Remember: every single problem has a solution! Send you lots of love and I'd love to guest post on your blog, drop me an email at 1weekmary@gmail.com & we can discuss ideas.

    Great post, thanks for sharing! & we'll be waiting right here for when you're back from your break! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started blogging in Feb haha. I'll try and remember that and I'm feeling a tiny bit better not 100% though but it's a start. I'll email you tomorrow lovely! Thankyou for the offer and thankyou for reading xxxxx

      Delete
  11. You're not letting anyone down by taking care of yourself first. It's always the most important to make sure you're happy before you do anything else. You can always take a step away from blogging because it will always be here with open arms when you're ready

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it'll always be here but I think it's a case of I feel like I've let myself down because I've put in so much effort and I don't know how long im having to myself and it'll just be sitting there xx

      Delete
  12. You really don't sound like your in happy place at all at the moment. Rather than going on and on about how you currently feel, I'm just going to remind you that you won't be stuck in this unhappy place forever. I know it's sometimes hard to remember that, but you will be happy again!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

© My Little Memoir | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig